Ukrainian-British City Club seminar - SUPPORTING CIS CLIENTS IN A NEW GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT
Ukrainian British City Club presents
SUPPORTING CIS CLIENTS IN A NEW GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT
The political uncertainty in Eastern Europe, notably in Russia and Ukraine, has significantly affected the ways business in conducted in the region. Imposition of economic sanctions against a number of former and current officials, as well as determination of the Ukrainian people to actively fight corruption, have called for new business solutions for serving the needs both the businesses and individuals located in the region, and for the Western businesses looking for business opportunities in Eastern Europe.
UBCC jointly with First Names and Bryan Cave presents a seminar “Supporting CIS Clients in a New Global Environment”, where speakers will address pertinent issues arising out of the current political uncertainty in Russia and Ukraine, and the most efficient ways of handling them:
- practical considerations of the “deoffshorisation” of the Russian economy
- US and EU sanctions on Russian and Ukrainian officials and the related compliance issues for service providers
- sharing the key concerns and structuring considerations of the CIS clients which have arisen following the political turmoil.
- doing business in the Crimea: assessing the risks
- using the English courts to overturn corporate raids in Eastern Europe: TVi case
- surviving the information war: how to distinguish true from false and make informed decisions.
- Kevin O’Connell, Commercial Director, First Names Group
- Elena Gogh, CIS Business Manager, First Names Group
- Irina Tymczyszyn, Partner, Head of CIS Team, Bryan Cave
- Robert Dougans, Partner, Bryan Cave
- Andy Hunder, Director, Ukrainian Institute in London
The seminar will take place at 88 Wood Street, London EC2V 7AJ and will be followed by a Q & A session and a cocktail reception.
Admission is by invitation only.
Cost of attending the event:
UBCC members: FREE
Non-members: £10 per person
UBCC corporate members are entitled to be accompanied by a limited number of guests (small business – up to one, corporate – up to two, large corporate – up to three persons) provided the names of the guests and their email addresses are sent to the UBCC within the requisite time limit.
ALL PAST EVENTS